Saturday, January 7, 2012

Macarons, Macarons, Macarons~


Hello~
Happy New Year! It's a bit late, but better late than never!
Have you all been keeping up with your resolutions? I've been doing Pilates by watching Blogilates! She's amazing, I swear.

Anyways, as the title might imply, I've been making macarons!
As most of you know, they're crazy expensive instore. I always wondered why, I mean aren't they just almond cookies?
...NOW I understand.




This was my first batch
Nutella filled chocolate shells
If I could describe this batch in one word...CRACKS. They were all shattered when they came out the oven. (sadface) Edible, but after I forgot to put them in the fridge they became inedible. (sadderface!)
This was my third attempt ... My second attempt was so "un-aesthetically appealing" as my friend put it, I didn't even take pictures. It sure was delicious though. Anyways, Strawberry jam filled Strawberry shell :D
THIS was the first batch I got right! Lemon shell and lemon curd filling, and it was really yummy, if I do say so myself :D I brought some for my friends and they ate it all up before lunch began haha
This is the most recent and the last batch I will make for a while since it takes so much time and effort D:. I call them strawberry lemonade macarons, since it's a strawberry lemon shell with strawberry lemon buttercream! I had the most trouble with this since the buttercream didn't ...whip correctly. It ended up okay though haha :D

That's all I guess! I hope you enjoyed my food spam :)

Tiffany


No comments:

Post a Comment